Prizes Awarded to Winning Businesses:
|Cash Prizes for Over-All Winners
Luther King Capital Management
Additional Cash Prizes
(See Rules for qualifications)
|Blank Rome's Best Undergraduate Prize||$10,000|
|GWupstart's Best Non-Profit Social Venture||$7,500|
|GWupstart's Best For-Profit Social Venture||$7,500|
|AARP's Older-Adult Focused Innovation Award||$5,000|
|Capital One Bank's Best Sustainable Technology Prize||$5,000|
|Audience Choice Award||$3,000|
|Total Cash Prizes||$101,000|
(See below for details)
|iStrategyLabs Custom Lab||$2,500|
|Blank Rome Legal Services (4 x $1000)||$4,000|
|Brazen Careerist Online Bootcamp (20 x $200)||$4,000|
|WeWork team membership for 6 months, includes work space and amenities||$12,000|
|Affinity Lab membership for 6 months for one team, work space and professional development.||$5,300|
|AdvantEdge Business Centers co-working space for 6 months||$2,694|
|Event Rentals DC gift certificate||$750|
|Capital One Bank Financial Consultation (2 hours)||N/A|
- The 1st Place team will receive a "Custom Lab" by iStrategyLabs which will include social media marketing strategy and training, an open innovation session, and entrepreneurial lessons learned. This prize is valued at $2,500.
- The top 4 teams (1st through 4th place) will receive legal services of your choice valued at $1,000 per team from Blank Rome. Such legal services might include assistance with company formation, intellectual property (IP) protection, or other services to be agreed upon. Some conditions apply.
- The top 20 individuals on the Final round teams, as ranked by the Final round judges, will receive a free registration for an "Online Bootcamp" of their choice as offered by Brazen Careerist. Each Online Bootcamp registration is valued at $200. This means that all the individuals on the top 5 teams, as ranked by the judges, plus additional individuals from the 6th ranked team and possibly the 7th or 8th ranked team (depending on the size of the teams) will receive these free registrations until 20 have been awarded to individuals.
- WeWork will provide a free 6-month membership for all members of one finalist team to be selected by WeWork. The WeWork mission is to create communities that empower people to do what they love. WeWork is the home for the best startups and small businesses. They provide collaborative workspaces, a curated community, services, benefits, amenities, and digital tools at the coolest locations across the country.
- Affinity Lab will provide a six-month full membership to a finalist team, plugging them into the Lab's culture of professional development, personal relationships, and collaborative entrepreneurship.
- AdvantEdge Business Centers will provide free co-working space for a 6-month period to one finalist team to be selected by AdvantEdge. AdvantEdge is an executive suite located just a few blocks from GW at 2101 L Street NW, Suite 800, in a LEED Certified green building with premium amenities. This on-demand office space includes daily use of workstations, high-speed internet access, conference rooms, and access to numerous other on-site business support services.
- The winner of the Sustainable Technology Prize will also receive two hours of personalized consultation with a Capital One Bank business banker who has reviewed its business plan. This consultation may take place at Capital One Bank's national headquarters in McLean, Virginia or at its DC office, and will cover such topics as: accessing capital; managing and analyzing cash flow; moving from vision to execution.
- A gift certificate from Event Rentals DC worth $750 will be awarded to the first of the Final-Round teams which exhibits its new product or service at an exhibition or trade show in the DC Metro Area. This certificate is good toward the rental of tents, booth furniture, ATMs, phone charging stations, DJ/entertainment, and event security. Certificate is valid until April 11, 2015. To claim prize, provide written notification to email@example.com.